5 Ways a Professional Social Media Management Service Can Help Your Business
Anyone that owns or runs a business regardless of its size is undoubtedly aware in this day and age that having a social media presence is virtually a must; but is simply setting up a page and hoping it gains a following enough? The simple answer is “no,” but properly running a business’s social media presence while at the same time maintaining the day-to-day operations of the business can be an almost impossible task.
This is where a professional social media management company can come into play and help not only alleviate the loads of work a business owner undoubtedly already has, but also provide the skills and knowledge necessary to build a sustainable and even profitable social media presence across multiple platforms.
So why such an emphasis on the word “professional” you may ask? This is due to the fact that there are numerous services out there that claim to be top of the line when it comes to social media management, but in reality many of them take numerous shortcuts in order to meet a bare minimum when it comes to service. From improper grammar and an obvious lack of knowledge about a given niche, all the way to completely automated content posts that will make sure “something” is posted regularly on your pages, there are social media management services that are less than professional and that fact is usually very obvious in their pricing. The old saying “You get what you pay for” has never been more true.
So all of this begs the question – what SHOULD a professional social media management service provide for your business? Of course a business owner would like to see fresh content on a regular basis on their pages, but there is much more that can be done to help build a thriving presence; hence the reason for the following list of 5 ways a professional social media management service can help your business:
1. Provide quality content posts that are related to the given niche. – It seems like a simple enough idea: post content that is related to the business’s niche; the fact is many social media managers don’t dig deep enough and would rather post “something” just to get something up rather than go for depth and quality. A true pro would be asking questions like “Will the readers find this information useful?” and “Is this something I believe the audience will find interesting enough to share with others?” “Quality over quantity” is what it’s all about here, and a useless post is a waste of everyone’s time.
2. Interact with followers/fans. – Being social on social media, imagine that! Interacting with your fans/followers/audience is a surefire way to keep your social pages active and will keep them coming back for more. It’s a simple concept: if someone asks a question on your page, they would probably like to see an answer. If they comment on something you post, they would surely appreciate some feedback in most cases. By doing these things, before long you’ll notice your audience even interacting with each other and before you know it, you’ll have a thriving active community with your business at the helm.
3. Engage industry “influencers.” – This one is something that is sorely missed in most cases in the social media world. Have you ever thought about who the leaders are in your given industry? The major corporations or brands that set the standard for your business? Let’s say a financial company shared information from the “Forbes” website – what if you tagged them in your post to let them know you enjoyed their content and shared it, and then they replied and acknowledged your mention? This is a huge nod from an industry leader that not only shows others you are worth their acknowledgement, but also is a big “social signal” to search engines that tells them you are a “somebody” in the industry. Making a point to interact with “influencers” on social media can be a game changer in the long run, and something a social media pro would never overlook.
4. Connect with other businesses in the local market or niche. – When it comes to social media, being social is the key and a common misconception is that there is some sort of competition going on with others in your niche or local area. Whether another business is in your same niche or a different one but in the same local area, it is always a good idea to connect, share information, and create a relationship that could lead to more awareness for your own business. Completely shutting out a business because you view them as “competition” unnecessarily closes the door to the benefits that can be reaped from forming positive relationships via social media.
5. Create and share with Google Plus communities based on your business’s area of expertise or local area. – As explained in our previous post about the importance of Google Plus to businesses, Google Plus has become a haven for businesses to grow and connect with other businesses and potential customers. Creating a community for the given business based on its industry or the local area it is located is just one of the free ways Google Plus allows businesses and potential customers to connect and share information. Not only that, but Google Plus already has a great number of active groups to join and share information with right away.
When choosing a social media management service, looking at these 5 areas and ensuring they are included in what is offered can help you decide if the service is worth your investment. “Investment” is the key word here because you are making an investment in the service and should see a return with a thriving social media presence. In today’s social media world that is bombarded with automation and shortcuts, real human interaction is the key factor that can make your business stand out and achieve your social media goals. With the right choice of service, you should feel like your company hired its own social media team that can be trusted to provide your business with quality content and steady growth without worries or the need to “oversee” anything should you need time to tend to other areas of your business.
If you would like to discuss our professional social media management service, please feel free to contact us to discuss how we can help your business.